So you are looking at doing our exclusive online course on ArcGIS CityEngine? Well you might need some equipment or software first! I’ve divided the list into essential and recommended for obvious reasons. Below this is also the system requirements for running ArcGIS CityEngine as well.
- Windows 10/11
- PC or laptop capable of running ArcGIS CityEngine
- One large monitor or 2 screens (course material on one CityEngine on the other)
- ArcGIS CityEngine 2022.0 (current version at time of doing this post 2023.0) or later (you can use a trial licence)
- Webcam, microphone speaker/headphones
- Ability to access video conferencing software we use Microsoft Teams to deliver course content/workshops but can on request use other systems. Microsoft Teams has an app or can use a web browser.
Additional Recommended Software/Hardware
- ArcGIS Pro
- 3DConnexion Space Mouse
- SketchUp Pro
- Headphones with integrated microphone (we quite like Microsoft LifeChat which is USB and just works)
- For webcams we like the Logitech range.
What are the system requirements for CityEngine?
So there are two answers to this question, the first is the official line which can be found here (for all versions not just the latest): CityEngine 2023.1 system requirements on the Esri website